Once applied micro ring hair extensions can
be treated exactly as you would treat your
own hair. However, as with our own hair it is very
important to care for your hair extensions
in order to prolong their life and keep them
looking in the best condition for as long
as possible. Please see below for tips and
advice on after care.
* Extensions should be removed/tightened
after 3 - 4 months of wear. If left any longer
than this the regrowth may become tangled
and matted causing unnecessary weight and
damage to the natural hair.
* Keep your hair clean using a mild shampoo.
* It is important to condition the hair extensions
to keep the extensions in good condition.
However, conditioner should only be used
from the mid lengths to the ends of the hair
as any placed near the roots may cause damage
to the bonds resulting in shedding, or cause
the micro rings to slip.
* Hair should be brushed regularly to prevent
matting. However, it is important that only
a soft bristle brush is used to prevent catching
the micro rings and pulling out the extensions.
* Hair extensions can be coloured but it
is advisable to get this done by a professional.
* A swimming cap should be worn when swimming
in a pool or the sea and hair should be washed
afterwards to avoid matting or chemical damage.
* Don’t worry about putting your hair in buns, braids
and ponytails. Your hair will still hold
up when styled in different ways. Just make
sure you use some good clips and bands which
won’t stretch out your hair.
* You're hair extensions can be styled
in exactly the same ways as your own hair
with hair driers, straightening irons and
curling tongs. However, excessive heat styling
will cause damage so avoid using too much
heat too often and use a good heat protective
* Always make sure that your hair is totally
dry before going to sleep as sleeping with
damp hair can cause tangling.
* Eleanor supplies a range of hair products
specially formulated to care for hair extensions.
Please see 'hair care products' for
* It is important to realize that your hair
sheds on a daily basis as part its natural
process. It is normal to loose up to 50 hairs
a day. Whilst wearing hair extensions your
hair still sheds but is held in place by
the micro links. These hairs will therefore
be released when the hair extensions are